Reporting teams need to go beyond native reporting with deeper, flexible analysis of their data. Without the right control, they struggle with inflexible report layouts and spend days dumping data into spreadsheets, limiting the available time to focus on value-added analysis.
If your finance team is using JD Edwards (JDE) and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), it’s like they rely on well-maintained and accurate master data to drive meaningful insights through reporting. For these teams, data quality is critical. They need confidence that master data, encompassing customer details, product information, and supplier data, is updated and error-free.
Data Quality Challenges for Reporting Teams
Poor data quality impacts your team by introducing inaccuracies, inconsistencies, and inefficiencies into their reporting processes. Incomplete, outdated, or erroneous data means your team is generating unreliable insights which can lead to poor decision-making. Low data quality causes not only costly errors and compliance issues, it also reduces stakeholder confidence in the reported information. None of which is good for your team.
Diving deeper into the top three challenges, teams typically encounter:
- Data integration and complexity: One of the key challenges is integrating data from various sources and modules within your ERP systems. Both JDE and EBS are highly complex and may involve multiple modules that store data in different formats. Ensuring that data is integrated seamlessly for reporting purposes can be a daunting task.
- Data quality and accuracy: Accurate, high-quality data is crucial for meaningful reporting. Inaccurate or inconsistent data leads to flawed insights and decisions. Maintaining data quality within JDE and EBS can be challenging due to the volume of data and the constant changes that occur in ERP systems.
- Performance and scalability: As your organization grows, the volume of data in JDE and EBS systems increases. Reporting on large datasets can impact performance, leading to slower query response times and lags in real-time reporting.
Addressing these challenges requires a combination of technical solutions, data governance practices, and a clear reporting strategy. You may need to invest in data integration tools, data quality management processes, and performance optimization measures to overcome these obstacles and derive valuable insights from your JDE or EBS systems.
The Tools Needed to Solve the Challenges
As users of JDE or EBS, your team must have relevant, real-time insights so they can make more robust decision-making. They need a solution that doesn’t require complex technical tools to dig into their master data for the meaningful insights they must deliver. Accessing a vast library of pre-built, turnkey content templates for finance and operations reporting can ensure your team a fast time to value with minimal training required.
Seek a solution that simplifies your users’ admin experience with a host of controls, including full integration with EBS and JDE security, as well as workflows, approvals, and user types to control access and provide a full audit trail. Enable access to master data to boost trust in accuracy and deliver higher-quality reports.
Fortunately, there are products purpose-built for JDE and EBS that directly link to master data and offer the advanced, intuitive reporting functionality your team craves. With the proper tool, your team can solve their JDE or EBS data challenges by bringing all key metrics together in one place using easy-to-consume, real-time web dashboards to display meaningful visualizations. Strengthen your organization’s data culture by involving more users in the data environment.
Hubble Enterprise Delivers the Right Master Data Experience
Hubble is an integrated suite of performance management tools for JD Edwards and Oracle E-Business Suite. It offers reporting and analytics in a single quick solution that fully understands your ERP. Hubble integrates your critical business systems so users at all levels can interact with live data and return data with extraordinary speed. With this type of visibility and access, everyone can easily understand, manage, and predict the business.
Hubble Enterprise offers Designer, Power, and Viewer user types to ensure that the right people can access the right data, straight from your JDE or EBS system.
- Save time by accessing more pre-built templates: Access standard pre-built content covering all JDE and EBS modules, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Human Resources, Inventory, Purchase Order Processing, and many more.
- Add context to your data with web visualizations and metrics: Bring all your key metrics into focus in one place using easy-to-consume, real-time web dashboards to display beautiful visualizations. With Hubble Enterprise, users across your organization can monitor KPIs, analyze trends, collaborate through discussions, and drill into underlying ERP transactions.
- Reach more users with web viewer licenses: Support decision-making across the wider organization by providing more teams with access to trusted Hubble data. The web viewer license enables business users to consume prebuilt reports and dashboards, providing an intuitive experience to open, refresh, filter, drill, and export workspaces.
Hubble provides real-time reporting and analytics purpose-built for JD Edwards and Oracle EBS that speeds up your financial processes, shrinks reporting cycles, and leaves more time for analysis. To learn more about Hubble, check out this blog on the benefits the tool provides to master data users.