This case study of Weber State University is based on a February 2017 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
Spreadsheet Server has enabled professional staff to significantly reduce the time required to complete complex reports.
Struggled with the following reporting tasks before implementing Spreadsheet Server:
- Re-keying data from the ERP system into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- Their lack of access to real-time information
- Heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Combining/consolidating GL and non-GL data from multiple ERP & relational database sources
- NCAA Reporting
- Standardizing reports
- Organization required 25% of their IT support and/or ERP resources.
Uses Spreadsheet Server to help automate the following reports:
- GASB reporting
- Annual audits (financials and footnotes)
- Board reporting
In addition to Financials/GL, the organization uses Spreadsheet Server for reporting:
- NCAA data
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with Global Software’s Spreadsheet Server:
- Saved 50-100 reporting hours per year after implementing Spreadsheet Server.
- Increased employee workload by 25% with Spreadsheet Server.
- Automated 10-50 reports with Spreadsheet Server.
Source: Ron Smith, Controller, Weber State University
Techvalidate Published: Feb. 21, 2017 TVID: F09-4C3-F1A