This case study of Elizabeth City State University is based on a January 2018 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“Spreadsheet Server improved reporting efficiency by allowing us to fully automate financial reports for year-end. It allows us the ability to automatically distribute routine reports to end users in Excel format. Power users in the Finance Division now have access to run queries in Excel.”
Addressed the following reporting challenges after implementing Spreadsheet Server:
- Accessing applicable data
- Rekeying data from the ERP system into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- A lack of access to real-time information
- Heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- A lack of data accuracy and/or validity
- Combining/consolidating GL and non-GL data from core systems and other database sources
- External reporting (different reporting entities, GASB compliance)
- Standardizing reports
Evaluated the following reporting tools before selecting Spreadsheet Server:
- Argos Reporting
- Uses Monarch (Datawatch) for extracting data from pdf and text files not in our system with Spreadsheet Server.
Uses Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner functionality for reporting:
- Funds, grants, awards
- GASB reporting
- Budgets and forecasts
- Annual audits
- Board reporting
- Freed up to 25% of their IT support since using Spreadsheet Server to create reports.
- Saved more than 60% of time from their previous reporting process using Spreadsheet Server.
Published: Jan. 12, 2018 TVID: 500-C89-7B9