You've probably noticed there's a lot out there for Business Intelligence Tools. We're constantly being asked, "What sets Dundas BI aside?" and "How do I evaluate BI vendors in general?"…
Not Ready Yet? Learn More
Support for 140+ data sources
4 Things to Look for in a Business Intelligence Vendor
You’ve probably noticed there’s a lot out there for Business Intelligence Tools. We’re constantly being asked, “What sets Dundas BI aside?” and “How do I evaluate BI vendors in general?”
In this video, we’ll take you through 4 things you should be looking for in a BI vendor before making your decision. Here is a checklist of potential questions to ask a BI vendor to test for flexibility that was discussed in the video:
- Are there enough visual properties to match my desired branding look and feel?
- Is there an extensive library of visualization controls?
- Can I make custom composite visualizations?
- Do you support Complex Small Multiples Visualizations?
- Do you support In-Memory Hyper Fast Data Warehousing?
- Can I choose to allow real-time data?
- Is long-form reporting included as well as dashboards?
- Can the BI application be hosted anywhere?
- Can we embed self-service capabilities into our employee portal or other applications?
- Do you support Single Sign-On (SSO) and Federated Authentication?
- Can I schedule the delivery of automated dashboards/reports?
- Can you utilize Report Bursting to send users only their own data automatically?
- Is Role Level Security included?
- Can users build visualizations using Natural Language Querying?