The following reporting challenges needed to be addressed within the organization:
- Accessing applicable data
- Rekeying data from the ERP system into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- A lack of access to real-time information
- A heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- A lack of data accuracy and/or validity
- Combining/consolidating GL and non-GL data from core systems and other database sources
Evaluated a reporting tool packaged with ERP before selecting Spreadsheet Server.
- Has used Spreadsheet Server as a replacement for Oracle Discoverer.
- Uses the following supplemental reporting tools with Spreadsheet Server:
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Uses Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner’s functionality for the following types of reports beyond Financials/GL:
- Fixed Assets
- Freed up to 25% of their organization’s IT support now that they have Spreadsheet Server to create reports.
- Trimmed more than 30% from their previous reporting process after using Spreadsheet Server.