Florida Institute of Technology was using Banner which was not set up to be a financial system. It was impossible to get even monthly data without dumping all data for a fiscal year and sorting by date.
Some other challenges included:
- Accessing applicable data
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- Heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- External reporting (different reporting entities, GASB compliance)
- NCAA reporting
The first and most critical reason for choosing Spreadsheet Server was for monthly reporting and to be able to analyze trends and forecast. Beyond that, Spreadsheet Server is being used to analyze payroll and A/R transactions.
Uses Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner functionality for reporting:
- Financial aid, tuition, expense data
- Budgets and forecasts
- Annual audits
- Board reporting
- Freed up to 25% of their IT support since using Spreadsheet Server to create reports.
- Saved more than 60% of time from their previous reporting process using Spreadsheet Server