Innovation at ElringKlinger
Innovation at ElringKlinger
The globally active automotive supplier ElringKlinger has opted for a comprehensive IDL system solution for consolidation, planning and management reporting. This means that the central finance department can rely on having all the data for reporting from 45 sites in 20 countries available at all times, and can flexibly control the transparent reporting process.
A modern information platform for globally active groups
- A modern information platform for globally active groups
- A stable high-performance system solution for global finance processes
- IFRS-compliant quarterly and monthly financial statements for approximately 40 companies
- Monthly group-wide intercompany consolidation with just one click
- Consistent IFRS-compliant actual and planned data across the company
- Automated data flow and plausibility checks
- Independent system control in the department
- High data quality, as well as reliable reports and information
- Quick familiarization with standard finance processes for new employees
Global reporting processes are standardized and automated
With IDL products, ElringKlinger has developed a comprehensive system solution for consolidation, planning and management reporting. The modern information platform supports comprehensive finance processes in the global set-up of the internationally active group. ElringKlinger works with consistent figures and IFRS-compliant report structures to take care of everything from annual financial statements to monthly intercompany consolidation and decentralized financial planning.
The starting point for operations is an SAP-based heterogeneous system environment. The companies deliver their IFRS-compliant financial statements, including statistical data, to the headquarters monthly via the web access in IDL Konsis. ElringKlinger does not only create annual financial statements with the consolidation solution, but produces IFRS-compliant quarterly and monthly financial statements for around 40 companies too. The system-supported intercompany consolidation on a balance basis, available every month on the 4th working day with just one click, is key for the company. At ElringKlinger, IDL Forecast is the structural platform for mid-term planning at the level of the individual companies.
The standardization and automation in the IDL environment have significantly increased the quality and efficiency of the reporting and organizational changes can be made at any time for the agile company in the flexible report platform.
Software and Systems
- IDL Konsis
- IDL Forecast
- IDL Designer
- IDL Xlslink
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Data sources: SAP, Microsoft Excel
- Globally active automotive supplier
- Innovative development partner and OEM for the automotive industry
- The company supplies almost every car manufacturer in Europe, North America and South America and many Asian vehicle manufacturers
- Founded in 1879; headquartered in Dettingen an der Erms
- Over 10,000 employees at 45 sites worldwide
With IDL, we can rely on the data quality in corporate management 24/7, around the globe and in all time zones.