In the 165 years since the company was founded by John Brunswick, a Swiss immigrant woodworker who began operations building billiard tables in Cincinnati, Brunswick Corporation has become a world leader in the marine, fitness, bowling, and billiards industries. Its four main business units—Mercury Marine Group, Brunswick Boat Group, Life Fitness Division, and Brunswick Bowling & Billiards—boast widely recognizable brands such as Sea Ray, Bayliner, Mercury, Quicksilver, Hatteras, Princecraft, Boston Whaler, Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, and, of course, Brunswick.
- Complex structure and systems including 50+ data source systems, 250 reporting units, and 25 local currencies
- Multiple and separate reporting applications that required manual data consolidation
- No unified reporting process across multiple divisions producing inconsistent numbers
- More time spent reconciling numbers than managing business
- Information disseminated via multiple emails
- Implemented Longview Consolidation and Tax solutions to streamline and improve global financial close process
- Design, development, and deployment advisory services
- Flexible, configurable system accommodates multiple data sources and currencies
- Easy drill-down access to source-level data supports greater detailed reporting
- Early error detection increases data accuracy and reduces consolidation cycle time
- Greater management confidence in the numbers due to better data quality and consistency
- Automated workflow improves monthly close cycle efficiency
- Single system, single database reduces IT complexity.