Energy Company Trims More Than 60% from Its Reporting Process with Atlas
Australia-based Infigen Energy saved a significant amount of both time and money by designing customized finance reports using Atlas.
Addressed the following reporting challenges after implementing Atlas address for their organization:
- Accessing applicable data
- Rekeying data from Dynamics into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- A lack of access to real-time information
- A heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- A lack of data accuracy and/or validity
- Combining/consolidating GL and non-GL data from core systems and other database sources
- Limitations of Management Reporter or other Excel add-ins
Evaluated the following reporting tools before selecting Atlas:
- A BI solution (Targit, JetReports, Zap, BI365)
- An Excel Add-in
Has used Atlas as a replacement for Management Reporter, and uses the following supplemental reporting tools with Atlas:
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools Power BI tools
Uses the Atlas query functionality for reporting beyond Financials/GL for the following types of reports beyond Financials/GL:
- Project Management
- Freed up 75% or more of organizational IT support now that Atlas is being used to create reports.
- Trimmed more than 60% from previous reporting process after using Atlas.
“Real-time project reporting in Atlas helped our business in making timely decisions. It would have taken a significant amount of time and money to have these reports externally designed or created using internal IT.”