Light-up features in your analytic application of choice by connecting to your data with the Simba Trino ODBC Driver with SQL Connector. Use SQL to access data via Trino from analytics applications such as Microsoft Excel, Power BI, SAP Cloud for Analytics, QlikView, Tableau, and more.
Trino is a low latency distributed query engine capable of querying large datasets from multiple data sources using SQL. Trino is designed for short, interactive queries useful for data exploration.
Simba’s Trino ODBC and JDBC drivers:
- Provides a common SQL query engine for accessing data where it lives whether it be Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, MySQL, and more.
- Integrates seamlessly with the Hive meta store to complement existing Hive environments with low latency queries.
- Querys self-describing data as well as complex or multi-structured data that is commonly seen in big data systems.
- Does not require a fully structured schema and can support semi-structured or nested data types such as JSON.
With the Simba Trino ODBC and JDBC drivers, analytics applications capable of utilizing ODBC or JDBC to connect to data sources can connect to Trino, and take advantage of a modern query and execution engine designed to support the SQL those applications depend on.
- Supports Open Source Trino distribution (formerly Presto® SQL)
- Transparently query data from multiple sources without the need for costly ETL processes
- Unicode enabled 32- and 64-bit ODBC 3.8 compliant connector for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Leverages Trino’s native filtering and aggregation capabilities
- Departmental, enterprise and worldwide licensing available on request
- Supports Kerberos Authentication
- Supports 32- and 64-bit applications
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Complies with JDBC 4.1 & 4.2 specifications
- Supports ANSI SQL
- Supports Unicode
- Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms