Simba Athena ODBC & JDBC connectors enable standard SQL access to Amazon S3 data, without extraction enabling Business Intelligence (BI), analytics and reporting on S3 data.
Amazon Athena is a serverless interactive query service capable of querying data from Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) using SQL. Simba Athena ODBC and JDBC connectors enable organizations to connect their BI tools to the Amazon Athena query service, enabling Business Intelligence, analytics, and reporting on the data that Athena returns from Amazon S3 databases.
Simba Athena ODBC and JDBC connectors support both catalogs and schemas to make it easy for the connector to work with various ODBC & JDBC applications like Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, & Qlik.
The connector complies with the ODBC 3.8 data standard and adds important functionality such as Unicode, as well as 32- and 64-bit support for high-performance computing environments on all platforms.
- Use SQL to access data from Athena from analytic applications such as Microsoft Excel, Power BI, SAP Cloud for Analytics, QlikView, Tableau and more
- Supports authenticating IAM authentication by IAM Credentials, IAM Profile or Instance Profile
- Supports authenticating using credentials obtained from the AD FS credentials provider
- Supports connecting through a proxy
- Provides full connector and query metadata
- Passes down supported operations for increased performance
- Supports retrieving the catalog metadata from Athena or Glue catalogs
- Supports 32- and 64-bit applications
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
- Supports Unicode
- Complies with JDBC 4.1 and 4.2 specifications
- Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms