Learning from Deltek AEC Industry Leaders: A Panel Discussion
As the new year fast approaches, we here at insightsoftware thought we could help shed some light on what Deltek AEC industry leaders have been doing over the past year and what their plans are for 2022.
The world of reporting and analytics is an ever-evolving beast and with new technology being released all around. Join us as we bring in a set of panelists to share what’s worked for them. This event will help you gain better insights and it may help spark some ideas in your preparation for the upcoming year.
Please register and join us as we discuss with our team of panelists:
- How their Finance and Accounting teams work to maximize margins and profitability on jobs or projects.
- Where technology comes into play and how they keep an accurate pulse on business performance.
- How the past two years has changed their view of technology and where they see technology going in the next 2 years.
- What they do to calculate ROI on technology investments.
- Their experience with how Finance and Accounting for AEC has evolved.
- Their upcoming initiatives for 2022.
About the Panelists:
BSK Associates – Kris Morton, Chief Information Officer
- Kris Morton is the Chief Informational Officer for BSK Associates. Mr. Morton has over 15 years of experience in software development and project management. He is a Microsoft Certified Developer with experience in data management, design and reporting. He has an MBA in IT management from Western Governor’s University. Kris is a father of twins and is an avid San Jose Sharks fan. Whenever possible, he and his wife get away to the beach.
Concept Plus – Ahmad Abuzaakouk, President and CEO
- Ahmad Abuzaakouk, President and CEO of Concept Plus has extensive knowledge in Oracle’s core technologies and enterprise applications. Mr. Abuzaakouk founded Concept Plus in 2008 with the core focus of providing Oracle services to the Federal Government. He has over 20 years of technical architecture, software development and consulting experience in a variety of customer environments. He has extensive experience with Oracle COTS and Development platforms ranging from database, client/server, web, cloud, SOA and E-Business Suite implementations on various platforms. He has presented at conferences such as Oracle Openworld, Oracle Federal Forum and HIMSS regarding Healthcare Enterprise Applications and Messaging Middleware. Mr. Abuzaakouk served as the Enterprise Architect for the Military Health Systems’ SOA platform called iXP. He also led the effort for the MHS’ first SOA platform.
Milhouse Engineering & Construction – Charles Hobbs, Project Compliance & Data Analytics Manager
- Charles Hobbs is Project Compliance and Data Analytics Manager at Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. He is a fourteen year project and analytical professional focusing on operations and project management best practices and compliance. Mr. Hobbs uses project and financial data to provide insight and decision making power to all divisions under the Milhouse corporate umbrella through interactions with profit center leaders, in different business/discipline lines, and with individual group members. Mr. Hobbs is active in Milhouse Charities, and co-chairs the company’s internal document controls team. He was instrumental in providing Milhouse University (a growing internal e-learning platform) initial project management context. He was recognized in 2021 for his ongoing support and commitment to the organization. Mr. Hobbs continues to innovate and automate manual processes to drive efficiencies all while driven by a desire to have a positive impact on his environment and be a value adding team member.
DelTek – Bret Tushau, Product Director
- Bret joined Deltek in September of 2010 as a Product Director focusing on Deltek’s Vision ERP platform. His mission was to find ways for the Vision product to continue to meet the changing needs of customers. His commitment to that mission paved the way to a leadership role for not only the Vision and Vantagepoint but also the Maconomy, Ajera, People Planner, PIM, WorkBook, TrafficLIVE, ConceptShare and Avitru product management teams. In 2014, Bret was made a Vice President within the Product Strategy organization at Deltek. Bret focuses on ways ERP and other technology solutions can solve organizations’ operational pain points. Prior to joining Deltek, Bret spent 15 years at Eppstein Uhen Architects after receiving a Masters of Architecture Degree from the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee. As a Vice President at Eppstein Uhen, he oversaw all IT functions within the firm and played an integral role managing its strategic development and business operations.