This case study of Mountaire Corporation is based on a February 2018 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“With Spreadsheet Server, the information comes out much faster than running reports in Oracle. We used to have several spreadsheets that were fed from a data export of our trial balances into Excel. All the spreadsheets were linked and it was very complex. We have reduced that to 4 spreadsheets that are all independent of each other because they each pull information directly from Oracle. Our month end close is much more efficient, which means we get to leave earlier on close night.”
Addressed the following reporting challenges after implementing Spreadsheet Server:
- Accessing applicable data
- Rekeying data from the ERP system into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- A lack of access to real-time information
- A heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- A lack of data accuracy and/or validity
- Combining/consolidating GL and non-GL data from core systems and other database sources
Evaluated a reporting tool packaged with ERP before selecting Spreadsheet Server.
- Has used Spreadsheet Server as a replacement for Oracle Discoverer.
- Uses the following supplemental reporting tools with Spreadsheet Server:
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Uses Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner’s functionality for the following types of reports beyond Financials/GL:
- Fixed Assets
- Freed up to 25% of their organization’s IT support now that they have Spreadsheet Server to create reports.
- Trimmed more than 30% from their previous reporting process after using Spreadsheet Server.
Published: Feb. 7, 2018 TVID: 8BB-3FF-D8B