This case study of Infigen Energy is based on a February 2018 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“Real-time project reporting in Atlas helped our business in making timely decisions. We also designed customized Finance reports according to business needs with relatively less effort. It would have taken a significant amount of time and money to have these reports externally designed or created using internal IT.”
Addressed the following reporting challenges after implementing Atlas address for their organization:
- Accessing applicable data
- Rekeying data from Microsoft Dynamics into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- A lack of access to real-time information
- A heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- A lack of data accuracy and/or validity
- Combining/consolidating GL and non-GL data from core systems and other database sources
- Limitations of Management Reporter or other Excel add-ins
Evaluated the following reporting tools before selecting Atlas:
- A BI solution (Targit, JetReports, Zap, BI365)
- An Excel Add-in
- Has used Atlas as a replacement for Management Reporter.
- Uses the following supplemental reporting tools with Atlas:
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Power BI tools
- Uses the Atlas query functionality for reporting beyond Financials/GL for the following types of reports beyond Financials/GL:
- Project Management
- Freed 75% or more of their organization’s IT support now that they have Atlas to create reports.
- Trimmed more than 60% from their previous reporting process after using Atlas.