This case study of Fullscope, Inc. is based on an April 2017 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
Atlas is the best Dynamics AX data migration tool available.
The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Atlas:
- Creating reports in a timely manner
Used Atlas for reporting beyond Financials/GL in the following areas:
- Reports for top management
- Job costing
- Customer service
Chose Atlas over the following tools:
- Management Reporter
- An Excel Add-in
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Atlas:
- Streamlined report creation
- Users being able to create their own reports, and less dependence on IT
- The ability to upload data directly from Excel
Streamlined the following processes by using Atlas:
- Extracting data from Dynamics/relational database
- Sharing of reports/dashboards with the team or management
- Month-end close & Management/Board Reporting Package
- Reporting outside the GL, such as Inventory, Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing, Projects, etc.
- Budgeting/Forecasting processes
- Data migration / upload
Gained the ability to do the following by using Atlas:
- Centralize reporting practices
- Gain Data Validation capability
- Increase the ability to complete tactical, complex analysis
- Increase time savings
Freed up to 100-200 hours in one year throughout their organization by using Atlas for reporting.
Freed up over 300 hours in one year throughout their organization by using the data migration/upload functionality within Atlas.
Source: Jeffery Moore, Senior Dynamics AX Consultant, Fullscope, Inc.
Published: April 26, 2017 TVID: 04E-2C8-F94