A New White Paper From Jet Reports
A survey by IDC and DM Review Magazine gives us these haunting statistics:
- 17 months is the average implementation time for a BI project
- 5 months needed to deploy the first usable BI artifact
- $1.1m is the mean, annual cost for a BI project for companies with more than 1,000 employees
- 31% of BI projects are declared successful
- 36% confidence rate that the right data is available to the right people at the right time
Those numbers seem unrealistically horrible. Yet, as an organization that builds and deploys BI environments for hundreds of companies each year, we work with IT groups and business users who come to us facing them all the time. This has been a longstanding problem with BI implementations and that is why Data Warehouse Automation (DWA) is such an exciting concept.
The idea behind DWA is that if you can automate these time-consuming tasks, then the project team can focus on the components that require more intellectual input than raw technological horsepower. In this white paper, we’ll explore Data Warehouse Automation so you can learn about the common pitfalls and how to embrace and profit from this emerging trend.
Download the white paper now to read more.