This case study of Liggett Group LLC is based on a January 2018 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“We achieved efficiency and accuracy by creating Spreadsheet Server reports in order to rectify the following “old” processes (a few examples):
– ‘Pieced together’ reports using data from ERP reports and queries
– Retyping data from an ERP report into a spreadsheet.
– Generated report from data using a VLOOKUP populated from an ERP query not routinely updated with current information.
– Numerous organizations added their data (from the ERP) manually onto a spreadsheet and passed it along to the next organization to add their data to the spreadsheet etc.”
Addressed the following reporting challenges after implementing Spreadsheet Server:
- Accessing applicable data
- Rekeying data from the ERP system into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- A lack of access to real-time information
- Creating reports in a timely manner
Evaluated a BI solution before selecting Spreadsheet Server.
- Has not used Spreadsheet Server as a replacement for Oracle Discoverer.
- Uses the following supplemental reporting tools with Spreadsheet Server:
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- An ERP Packaged reporting tool
- Uses Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner’s functionality for the following types of reports beyond Financials/GL:
- Fixed Assets; and just now starting to create Cost Management queries
- Trimmed more than 30% from their previous reporting process after using Spreadsheet Server.
Published: Jan. 31, 2018 TVID: 1AF-FF1-A1C