This case study of Florida Institute of Technology is based on a January 2018 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“Our main system, Banner, was not set up to be a financial system. We could not even get monthly data without dumping all data for a fiscal year and sorting by date. The first and most critical tool was monthly reporting, to be able to analyze trends and forecast. Beyond that, we are using Spreadsheet Server to analyze payroll and A/R transactions. The efficiency of getting data to report has increased 50% or more.”
Addressed the following reporting challenges after implementing Spreadsheet Server:
- Accessing applicable data
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- Heavy reliance on IT to create or edit reports
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- External reporting (different reporting entities, GASB compliance)
- NCAA reporting
Evaluated the following reporting tool before selecting Spreadsheet Server:
- Other Excel-based reporting software
- Uses other Excel-based tools with Spreadsheet Server.
- Uses Spreadsheet Server QueryDesigner functionality for reporting:
- Financial aid, tuition, expense data
- Budgets and forecasts
- Annual audits
- Board reporting
- Freed up to 25% of their IT support since using Spreadsheet Server to create reports.
- Saved more than 60% of time from their previous reporting process using Spreadsheet Server.
Published: Jan. 17, 2018 TVID: 0BC-8CC-625